Position Available: Bilingual Teaching Musician
We are looking for singer/guitar players (or keyboard players) to lead our 45-minute parent-and-child classes who can teach songs in another language through music and movement. A background in theatre is very helpful. Locations are in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx. We have a paid training and classes begin on a rolling basis.
We work very hard to develop and deliver an inspiring curriculum for young children and need people who believe in making that happen. There is room to grow with our company if you have the right team-player attitude and are ready to create an unforgettable experience for kids each week. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
-Available for classes from either 9:00am-12pm or 3-5pm
-Fluent in Spanish, French, Mandarin, or Hebrew; native speakers preferred
-Must be able to sing, act, be silly, be creative, musically improvise, etc.
-Must be able to sing while you play guitar or keyboard
-Must have proven successful experience working with children under five years old
-Very friendly, responsible, and ALWAYS ON TIME
-Must have legal working status
If you speak Spanish, French, Mandarin or Hebrew and have experience working with kids please send resume, photo, two references, and the answers to the questions below to email@example.com. We will contact you for an audition/interview asap.
1. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
2. What interests you about the work we do at Bilingual Birdies?
We are looking for crackerjack interns to assist in all administrative and street team tasks including branding and marketing, social media, teacher training, and client relations. This position is an opportunity for someone to learn how to grow a business and participate in meaningful work.
8-10 hours a week / Monthly subway fare stipend provided
– College student or graduate
– Proficient in Word, Excel, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Hootsuite
– Knowledge of MailChimp and Photoshop is a PLUS
– Comfortable with media technology (FlipCam/Smartphone photo & video)
– Positive attitude with the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
– Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to meet deadlines and maintain open communication with staff
– Must be willing to travel to deliver materials to preschools
– Knowledge of other languages is a PLUS
– Experience in office administrative duties or similar, preferably in children’s or educational industry is a PLUS
– Assist with all office related tasks: answer phones, check voicemails, process email correspondence for class inquiries, new hires, etc.
– Assist with ongoing in-office instrument and toy inventory organization
– Assist with teacher payroll process
Branding & Marketing:
– On the ground implementation of marketing plan including fliering a few neighborhoods
– Order Bilingual Birdies merchandise
– Write cards to preschool directors
Social Media & Technology:
– Interact with followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
– Identify and participate in relevant blog conversations
– Post announcements on family oriented websites
– Assist with enews subscriber management including Excel spreadsheet creation and MailChimp import
Teacher Training & Management:
– Prepare binders
– Grade new hire quizzes
– Take FlipCam or smartphone videos of teachers performing new curriculum
– Live spot check evaluations of real classes
– Email teachers with weekly reminders
– Pick up/drop off printed materials and toy/instrument boxes to participating schools
– Process parent inquiries
– Write birthday cards to customers
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
1. What do you consider your greatest professional accomplishment?
2. Please tell us about a time when you delivered fantastic customer service.
3. Please tell us about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer or client situation, and how you resolved it.
4. Provide us with the main reason you would like to work in a small business environment that promotes cultural awareness for preschoolers.
Position Available: Junior Sales Representative
Department/Group: Sales and Marketing
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: New York
Compensation: $25K base rate with $70K at full target with commission
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
Working Conditions: Small business office environment, work from home, and on-site visits to schools
Reports to: CEO
Start date: Immediately
NYC-based educational company seeks Junior Sales Representative to expand school partnerships in the NYC-metro area. We are an energetic children’s foreign language and music program for preschool aged children and have been in business for 8 years. We make partnerships with private preschools, day care centers, public head-start programs, and UPKs.
- BA/BS degree
- At least 1-2 year experience in sales is a plus.
- Experience selling educational products or services in the NYC Metro area a plus.
- Attains a genuine love and respect for early childhood education, foreign language learning, and music for kids. Also, must have an understanding of the early childhood education scene in NYC.
- Comfortable having conversations with preschool directors.
- Working knowledge of how to use client management software and project management software preferred.
- Confident in making cold calls, scheduling meetings, following up with potential clients in the pipeline, speaking with potential clients in person, and closing new business
- Well-spoken, excellent listener, strong communication skills, fantastic at building relationships, self-aware, highly motivated, great self-starter, and able to work in a small business team environment. Outstanding computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- With the assistance of the CEO, develop sales plan to meet company’s sales goals.
- Has the ability to multi-task, analyze information, and resolve conflict.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- It is critical that this person is a team player, willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities, and help out whenever necessary.
Our office is located on Wall St in the financial district of Manhattan. You will report to the CEO who is based in San Francisco and your communication with her will be mainly virtual on email, phone, and google hangout, including meetings in person once per month in NYC. You need to be strong in managing yourself and the flow of your accounts. There is a one-week training period and a 3-month probation period to make sure that you are able close new business. This position begins in September.
Send resume, cover letter, and answers to the below questions to: email@example.com
Question 1: What is the most important thing your parents ever taught you?
Question 2: What is an example of a horrible sales experience you have encountered?
Question 3: What is an example of an outstanding sales experience you have encountered?